Need an iPhone charger iPad charger lightning cable? Check out the six foot Anker Powerline Lightning Cable (6ft) iPhone Charger avail. in White, Black, Blue and Red.
If you are anything like me you go through iPhone charger and iPad charger lightning cables pretty frequently… it can obviously be a pain. In my journey for the perfect cable, I came across the Anker Powerline Lightning Cable (6ft) iPhone Charger and boy am I glad I did. I spent a lot of time looking and researching, I hope this post helps you in your search for the perfect lightning charger cable.
Initially when I had charging cable issues and needed a new one, I would simply go down to my local dollar store and pick up another one. Usually was 3ft in length and cost about $3. Perfect right? Nope, I started to notice quickly that they would charge sometimes and not others and I was going through cables like underwear… well almost haha. I really didn’t want to pay $20 or more at a tech store so that I when I turned to the internet.
I wanted to make sure my charging cable covered a few important aspects. Those aspects are:
- Quality connections, wanted to make sure the ends were well built as this was where I would always an area that would break down on the dollar store cables.
- Length, really wanted a cable longer then 3ft. I have being tied to such a short cable which has caused me to drop my phone from time to time.
- Has to be Apple MFi Certified, basically means its certified by Apple to work well with their products and not cause heating/charging issues… again dollar store ones are not.
After looking around a bit I came across the Anker Powerline Lightning Cable (6ft) iPhone Charger. This cable seemed to fit all of what I was looking for in a charging cable. Some of the benefits Anker listed on the product page are:
- PowerLine Lightning (6ft) – The Fastest, Most Durable Lightning Cable
- Heavy Duty for Heavy Use. We reinforced PowerLine with bulletproof fiber, then bent it over 5, 000 times and observed no damage or change in performance.
- Faster Charging – With wide-diameter wires and reduced cord resistance, PowerLine Lightning delivers the fastest charge any USB charger is capable of.
- Damage-Resistant Connectors – A lengthened unibody design flexes with your cable, ensuring that the connector never gets crushed or detached.
- Freedom to Move – With the 6-foot PowerLine Lightning, you don’t have to sit near a power outlet as you charge your device. Instead, you have the flexibility to set up your work environment as you prefer.
- Apple MFi Certified – Each PowerLine cable contains a unique authorization chip of the latest kind issued by Apple to ensure 100% sync and charge compatibility with any Lightning device. This ensures faster speeds than non-certified alternatives.
- Worry-Free Warranty – At Anker, we believe in our products. That’s why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
One trivial, but cool thing is they actually offer the charger cable in different colors. White, Black, Blue and Red. Not a game changer, but nice you get to choose something you like and maybe something that also is the same color as your phone case.
I took a look through the Amazon Reviews and they have over 500 customer reviews and a sweet 4 stars out of 5 which was also a good sign. People genuinely seemed to be very happy with their Anker Powerline Lightning Cable (6ft) iPhone Charger purchases. Looking at some of the poor reviews it seemed like the individuals received a defective item and this brings me the the Warranty Anker offers. It looks like Anker handles broken cables with ease and people commented that Anker was easy to deal with and some even mentioned Anker send out replacement cables even after the customer was out of the warranty coverage time range. I really liked knowing Anker listened and looked after their customers.
One thing to note that I saw… this cable doesn’t work well with a LifeProof case for the iPhone 6/6 Plus. So if you have a version of phone and a LifeProof case I don’t think this is the right cable for you.
What Apple devices will this iPhone charger iPad charger cable work with?
The Anker Powerline Lightning Cable (6ft) iPhone charger and iPad charger will work with the following Apple products:
iPhone XS / XS Max / XR / X / 8 / 8 Plus / 7 / 7 Plus / 6 /6 Plus / 5s
iPad Air / Air 2 / Pro, iPad mini / mini 2 / mini 3 / mini 4, iPad (4th generation)
iPod nano (7th generation) and iPod touch (5th / 6th generation)
Keep in mind, Anker also sells other lengths of charging cables. So if you are wanting the regular 3ft or something longer like a 10ft then that’s no problem, they can still hook you up!
I am very glad I did the research and came across this cable. I definitely recommend it. I will post a youtube video or two below which I think you might find helpful.
Below is actually a nylon version that Anker makes as well, seems pretty awesome. I may try one of these next time I order one.